Saturday, July 9, 2016

PPPB Part 12: The Cold, the Dirty, and the HATE


Part 12: The Cold, the Dirty, and the HATE

Hello hello and welcome back to PPPB. Last time we looked through Driftveil City and now I will enter into Cold Storage, an area on the southern end of Driftveil but is counted as a separate area.

Cold Storage

There's a few trainers here, plus someone gives me an item called Rocky Helmet, which damages opponents who attack its holder physically.



I don't know why they can't just wear the thing, though. They just hold it.

After a bit, I find a possible Plasma hiding place, with an NPC near it and Cheren coming in from behind. The NPC says that Clay only has us look to test our strength. Rrrriiight.

Inside I get to see a RPG  video game staple that is Ice Dungeon with Slippery Floors. 


There isn't much to the area itself other than that. I should also mention that I fought the Pans again. But at the very least, one of them were outside and the other two were in here. So... that's better. I get to an empty crate and Cheren pops up again as we both check it, and we both see a Team Plasma Cuddle Puddle.

Cheren, possibly sarcastically, asks to take them outside, and Zinzolin states that Pokemon are the kings friends and protecting pokemon and whatnot. She is also stated to be one of the sages. However, as intruders to their cuddle puddle we have to fight. Che takes a side, and I take a side.

Yeah, uh... alright.Well, enjoy your hypothermia. The rest of them mostly have some sort of cold based comment. But no ice puns.

Once I beat my side, one of them states that while it looks like the Pokemon are having fun while fighting, they are actually suffering. But Clay and some others step in, taking the team. Cheren quips that separating pokemon and people is like a world with no Pokemon at all.


Gosh Cheren's becoming more of a dick.

With that out the way I'm now able to take on the Gym.

Oh jeez.

However, my path to the gym is not yet cleared.



He wishes to take back the team members Clay has. However, Clay is a man who "Don't need no thanks". There's more dialogue about Ghetsis only taking pokemon from wicked people and Clay not having any of it. Clay "May not talk purdy" but he is an honest man. On the other hand...


However, being outnumbered, Clay concedes and lets the Plasma members he has go. However, Clay isn't too concerned afterwards, as he says he's waiting for me to come battle with him.

And apparently his stage involves elevators.


Now, I decide to go alllllllll the way back to the PokeDay Care (there is, as of now, no means for me to quickly get back there) so I can pick up my Pansage (I have no water types). On the way I decide to try to pick up another Blitzle, since someone in Driftveil wanted to see a Pokemon with Volt Switch. I have the TM for it, but I don't want to put it on my Zebstrika as I am fine with its current moveset. So I get into a team random battle, one of which has a Blitzle, and I decided to try to catch it when...

There are words to describe this but I do not wish to litter this text LP with profanity. At the very least, taking out one of the pokemon allows its normal usage.

So I catch the Blitzle and teach it volt switch before heading back to the woman who wanted to see a pokemon with Volt Sw-

...wha?

Apparently she changes what she wants to see.
...


Okay, maybe it's a little overdoing it but... well, it's a bit frustrating.

Anyway, the "gym" itself is in a mine, and you have to go through a series of elevators to get lower into it.




Well, I take him out and he gives me the Quake Badge, and says he will give me something else as soon as I get to him at Route 6. Along the way...


I forgot I had Grass Knot's TM and I used it.

I head onward and I'm caught by Bianca. After a fight, she gives me he HM Fly. Now I can actually revisit old places without spending several minutes going from place to place.


Well, seems like now is as good a time as any to end. Next time I'm going to head over to Route 6.



After I do some flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment