Wednesday, July 20, 2016

PPPB Part 16: On to Dragonspiral!



On to Dragonspiral

Well, not too often that I come up with a title before I actually start a new part. But, hey, I might end up redoing it.

Last time on Pokemon Black: Ninja. Dragonspiral. Ice. Something of a plot. And now... We head off!

Before I reach the next screen to the tower, I meet up with Dad-Juniper, and he and Bianca meet and introduce themselves.

I should also mention that the game does love to suddenly stop you in your tracks to do plot or something like that. Now, I know the mechanics doesn't offer much in terms of any cinematic flair, but it is rather jarring. And really, Bianca could have followed me. I mean, I'm sure Game Freak would know how to program characters following you. They've done it before.

Anyway, Dad-Juniper relays to Bianca that Team Plasma broke into Dragonspiral Tower and said that Brycen (I can never remember how you spell his name) and Cheren passed through here. Bianca asks what's at the tower, and Dad-J explains by very briefly mentioning the legend behind it. He also asks if we were going along as well and says its dangerous. Bianca shows some faith in Cheren as he is experience in taking care TP. However, the same cannot be said about her own skills, and volunteers herself as bodyguard duty for Dad-JJ



He agrees to it, leaving me alone to follow the others. I'm fine with this. Might as well. Give all the warriors something to do.


I head in, passing an irrelevant TP goon and, upon attempting to go up, hear a noise. The character wonders if something is going wild up there.

Upstairs, I see Cheren. Some of the columns fell over, and he says I could go on said broken columns before heading off.



And this is an oddly specific way the columns fell. However, there's also a boulder to use Strength on that bypasses the column bridge so... eh.



I've seen tougher stuff in Lara Croft's house. Next up there's a room with some ramps to jump off of.

Huh, you can add captions. How about that.

The room itself is rather easy to get through. Anyway, pass that I meet up with the others.


They might need a little help. Just a tad. They seem to be doing fine on their own.

Also, I have to say this... I do kinda like the Team Plasma battle theme.

I don't know. Do you remember how many slices of bread you've eaten?




I'd just like to take a moment to say that I do like this line, cheesy as it may be. And wasted on a group like Team Plasma. I can only hope this line was done on purpose and not on accident.


Because, you know... nights... knights.


After a few fights, I find myself in another "puzzle" area.



Now, what happens in the next room is... well. It's shocking.





The game/narrator/Hilda's inner monologue once more thinks something is wreaking havoc up above. But on this floor I walk into a group of TP guys. I get subdued.


And I fight them in sequence.

I thought I told you that we won't stop, uh!!
Once I beat everyone they let me through (because 4 people clearly cannot subdue a petite15ish year old girl.)


Yeah. Of course.

I reach up to another floor and I'm treated to an actual cutscene.

That figure in the fog... could it be...

MALOMYOTISMON!?!!?!!?!111

No, no...
 It couldn't be...

MECHAGODZILLA!!!!!!111113425454567
Oh, never mind.


I think I'm disappointed. .

Anywho, Nagneto says he's going to used this pokemon to win the pokemon league (I'd like to repeat that this plot point is so bloody awful), and that I'll be his equal if I find and am recognized by that Pokemon's counterpart.

So, if I want to "maintain the bonds" between Pokemon and Humans, I must find Reshiram.

Zekram just goes along with it, apparently recognizing Nagneto as a "hero". They both fly off, with the gym leader and Cheren coming too late.

Everyone regroups outside, and it's revealed that both legendaries are dragon types. Alder pops in.


However, Alder says this is no time for chitchat (which is what I was thinking, I admit). Alder says that pokemon could probably destroy the world, and TP would use it to force people to give up their pokemon. After some discussion, Alder says he has a good idea where to go next. Dad-Juniper and Brycen go back to investigate the ruins again, while Cheren and Alder head onward to Relic Castle. Bianca points out where it is, and this is where I end this part.


See you next time. Same Bat channel, but not the same Bat time. Because of an inconsistent upload schedule.

Especially since I've very recently gotten into Digimon Masters Online. Anyway...


No comments:

Post a Comment