Saturday, July 9, 2016

PPPB Part 13: No longer an intermission.

Part 13: No longer an intermission

Alternate Title: A Cave Story of an Undertale

 

(((Note: As the title implies, this part was going to be a Post Part 12 intermission. However it turned out to be shorter than I thought it would be, so I decided to turn it into a new part.

However I will not edit what I already typed down because of this change. This is a Blind Text LP, after all, so I want this to be SUPER REAL.)))

Yes, I'm doing another intermission. Because it seems as thing I might be onto something I either missed or accidentally stumbled upon.

But first off, I did some grinding and some daycare shenanigans, taught a Pokemon Fly, and caught a couple more pokemon to fill up the pokedex

 Also...


 Now, a lot of the Pokemon designs for me range from somewhat uninteresting to indifferent to looks okay. This? This is one of my favorites so far. In fact, aside from his previous form there aren't a lot of designs in this game I can say I really, really liked. 

And I find it hilarious how the Team Plasma Secret Lab is just... on my map. I've never been there, and I didn't even consider that they had a secret lab.



Anyway, there's a place to the right of Nimbasa that I can go into. I haven't went far into it, but let's see what it has over there. First, onto Route 16.

There a couple items here, however, a part of me figured that I could go no farther than this area, as there's a bridge that's currently being checked. Some Marvelous Bridge it turned out to be.


Part 13 officially begins now!

Back onto Route 6 I make my way through.

#Pokepowerrangers

I come across a lab that says there's a pokemon, Deerling, that changes its appearance depending on the season. There *is* a season mechanic but I never paid attention to it. In any case, I *do* have a deerling. Just not on hand, and since there's no PCs I'll have to return later.

There's also an area that looks like it has a bunch of Pokeballs on the ground, but are actually pokemon.



THAT'S HOKEY! AND OLD VOLTORB WAS BETTER!


Heading forward, I meet up with Clay in front of a cave entrance.


There is a web covering the entrance, but one of Clay's Pokemon easily takes care of it, as well as gives me the Bulldoze TM.

Now it's time for me to enter...

Chargestone Cave


I see N.Oxide, but two others appear from nowhere and capture me before taking me to him.


He introduces them as the "Shadow Triad" which TP had apparently hired, and was the one who caused the webs to be at the entrance. He talks to me a bit about this cave and how if there were no humans this would be a perfect area or something. I have also been "chosen".

He and Ghetsis have talked about The Warriors and Ghet decided to use the Shadow Triad to find out about us. Cheren is "Pursuing the ideal of strength", Bianca "...faced the sad truth that not everyone can become stronger", but my character is not swayed in either way. A "neutral presence". Which is apparently a good thing.



He states that Ghetsis is waiting for us and heads off. I don't get much farther in before Bianca and Prof. Juniper come in. There's some talk about moving the floating rocks, but Juniper gives me an item that increases the exp gain of its holder. However, they are really here to research on Klinks.

Further on they stop me again  and tells me what her research has got her to.


So she comes to the conclusion that Klink just... appeared about 100 years ago.

Further in, the Shadow Triad points out where I should go next before vanishing again (not that I needed the help. This place isn't that complicated to navigate.)

However, the encounter rate is kinda annoying. But I find another trainer who, upon defeat, agrees to heal my pokemon. So that's nice. Because I see some TP grunts to fight.


Define "manipulate". Because generally speaking I'm only here because it's the way forwards. Perhaps there's meaning behind these words. Or perhaps...


I find N.Oxide again and he exposits about how unforgivable it is to mix various morals creating a a world of gray.



Pokemon are Pokemon, but they are also probably only 3/5ths of a person as well, which is why they must be separated.

He sees it that through this segregation Pokemon will become perfect beings.

Anyway, I sweep through his team with just Scraggy and he's frustrated as to why he lost again.



I dunno. Hypocrisy probably limited a lot of people.

But he tries to brush aside the importance of battle when Bianca and Juniper catch up.

To be fair, we're in a series of caves. N.Oxide seems to know of Juniper, though, and has some choice words for her.

YOU CAN'T PUT A LABEL ON POKEMON and what not. Juniper more or less goes:
And asks to him to consider letting all people consider how they will relate to Pokemon. N sees it as letting people do whatever they want regardless of whether or not they suffer.

This exchange between Juniper and N is probably the best this whole Team Plasma thing got ever since Ghetsis' first appearance at the beginning of the game. This doesn't make up for all the crap from TP but it's a bright spot in comparison

N runs off and Juniper expected as much from him. She and Bianca go back to research, and I exit the cave to...

Mistralton City


However, this shall be the end for now. Join us next time as we explore this city. Don't remain a stranger, kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment