Tuesday, May 10, 2016

PPPB Part 6 Hilda Dash

Part 6

 Hilda Dash



Heading in the direction of the forest I meet up with Burgh (the other gym leader I saw earlier). But he doesn't say much before heading into the forest. Where I follow. Eventually.

  


 Polygon Man!? You traitor!!!

Thankfully I captured the offender. 

But who knows how many more of these... traitors I will face!

I go in to meet Burgh, and he tells me there's two ways through the forest. The straight path through, and the winding path through. He takes the straight path an says he's going to hold down the exit if he doesn't see them. This path also has lots of trainers, he says. 

So, the game is basically telling me to grind again. 


 I'll give them this... It's more unique than the usual Team stuff I've seen. 

Anyway, I go through some TP grunts as well as some Rangers who just really like being in the forest. Some hide in bushes, and beating the Rangers grants me a berry.

Three of the Rangers (ones that hidden themselves in grass) had only one Pokemon each. One had a Panpour, one a Pansage, and one a Pansear. 

I just can't escape, can't I?

I reach the end and fight the guy with the skull. Upon beating him, the grunt mentions the dream of some king not being fulfilled and someone running up to him.


 The Grunt says that he lost the skull but Gorm states it didn't matter. The skull didn't belong to tthe legendary pokemon. Still, Gorm doesn't like me ruining his plans, and wants to stop me, but Lenora and Burgh pop up. In a long winded speech Gorm says he's outnumbered but will return.

With the skull back, the good guys decided to head back, Lenora giving me a Moon Stone I'll probably never use. A few more trainers later I go through the forest and...


Huh... another angle. That's new. 


 Not Pictured Here: The camera turning as you run along the bridge. 

Well, it's been a while since this game did anything resembling camerawork... since the opening, even. No, I'm not counting the zoom-ins when going into buildings. 

Anyway, this bridge is giving me a Megaman Legends feeling. The colors, the graphics...



 ...the amount of running down pathways.

This pokemon game about digimon is leading me to some servebots.

However the scaling is not kind to the pixel art. The camera eventually pulls back pretty far and makes me look like a mass of pixels. 

Now I just want to jump onto the ship, Kazuya Mishima style.


And there's an actual Modern city...

 CASTLELIA CITY


Wow, they are really trying to make this a spectacle. Even going into the city there's actually a different camera angle from the usual top-down one. 

 


Cool story, bro. 

 Anyway, I shall end it here. This looks like a big town to explore and I might as well dedicate a separate part for it. See you guys next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment