Tuesday, May 17, 2016

PPPB Part 8 An Influx of Golden Brown!

Part 8

 An Influx of Golden Brown!



Well, I'm back, and it seems I was on the right track in seeing that the Gym leaders all had some sort of second jobs. First it was a restaurant, second was a museum. I know Burgh is a painter, so his gym is...


 ... full of honey. 

Well, his name does start with a letter B. And The Mighty B looks vaguely Bee-like. And this... is a massive stretch as a train of thought so...

Anyway, there are honey walls that you need to force yourself through.  There's also some switches around.





Art of Switch Pressing? I don't quite... get... what job this is supposed to represent. Is this a circus?


Because I see clowns. I do see paintings around as well but they seem second fiddle to the mounds of honey and the clowns running about.

I admit, though... the honey walls is kinda annoying. They are a gimmick with no real reason to it other than making you take longer to cross somewhere. Also annoying is the fact that the Pokecenter is near-literally on the other side of town. It's not a terribly long run but it's a bit long.

I make it through and get to Burgh.


Looks like a weirdo. But he is an artist so... yeah. I beat him and I get his insectible Gym Badge. 





Leaving the gym, I get a call from Bianca. She wishes to fight me again... well... at least she's asking me this time. In any case, Iris had trained Bianca a bit so she can protect her Pokemon better. Well, might as well.

She decides to pop in and fight me within the gate.




It seems screens are safe within the world of Pokemon.

After defeating her, she talks for a bit before leaving.

The next area is going through a sandstorm, which I saw off camera (so to speak). Like earlier games, when Sandstorms happen within battle, all but a few types of Pokemon can resist being buffeted by sand. However, I do have a Ground type. But even without it, the sandstorm damage isn't that much. 

Also, I knew Cheren was here. But with the Bug Badge he decides to fight me as well. After I beat him as well, I get a call from the Professor. 


Bianca... is dead. 

Or unavailable. Don't know why there's no 3-screen version of this.

Well, it turns out that, yes, Bianca *is* unavailable, but the Professor wanted to talk to me as well, but only said that she's waiting at the next town.

The path splits off into to. One leading to a Desert Resort, the other leading to the next town. I go to the latter and meet up with the Professor and Cheren. 


Please don't tell me this is a tutorial on Electric types...

Well... it actually isn't. She came and gave me some Ultra Balls. After some talking (by the by this isn't a transcript of the plot of this game) the Professor leaves, and then Cheren leaves to go capture some Pokemon in the previous area he hadn't caught yet. 

Nimbasa City



What sort of world is this where between two cities there's a sandstorm that basically begins and ends within the span of a gate?

In any case, I'm in a new City. 



Oh jeez. Team Plasma again. 

Of course, since he runs a daycare TP figures they can bully an old man into giving them the Pokemon he's tending to. You see, this is why I'm losing faith in TP, the first sighting of them was neat, bringing up questions and making people think, and then each and every meeting afterward is ruining that aspect of them.

Anyway, the old guy begs for my help. Once I defeat them, the grunts run off, mentioning hiding in an amusement park. The old guy also gives me a Bicycle. 

He leaves, and then Bianca shows up, if only to namedrop some areas in town to visit before leaving. Okay then.

Well, I shall end it here. Join me next time as we explore this town and try out that Bicycle!



No comments:

Post a Comment