Thursday, May 5, 2016

PPPB Part 5 To Err is Human

Part 5

To Err is Human




Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.

I also got two other Pokemon. An Audino named Hey Listen (just guess) and some Pigeon Pokemon I named "Not Pidgey" that I... accidentally released.  

Oh well.

No pics because lazy.

So, I head down through the next route and see Cheren, who now tells me there are 2 on 2 random battles. Odd. But, eh. He says they will happen in Darker grass before he heads off to the next town. However, it seems to be a random occurrence and not a definite thing. 

Nothing else of note happens until I meet Cheren again, who takes me somewhere. He tells me where the Pokecenter is, gives me some berries, and then tells me the Gym Leader uses normal type Pokemon. 

Oh, and...

 Nacerine City

I meet up with a guy who is basically the barometer for how much your pokemon like me (None of the pokemon in my party are particularly new so they all at least like me)


 Also, there is a woman who gives you an item based on your starter. However, itchy trigger fingers caused me to give out the wrong pokemon, and I got something for a plant type, Miracle Seed, which boosts Grass type moves. Oh well. At least Monmon can use it.

Admittedly, there isn't much else here. A lot of it are talk of warehouses and the Gym Leader being a former artist and other artists being here as well. However, I'm not ready to fight the Gym Leader yet.

Well, I am, but I don't want to yet.

There's a forest to the west, as well as an area with lots of tall grass and trainers. The forest I won't bother with, but I do mess around in the grass.


I fight a bit more while seeing what this place offers, but there is one... oddity in one of the trainers I see.



This character, after fighting her, will restore the health of your pokemon. If I had to guess, this place might be a "designated grind area". But it's only a guess. The also states that the pokemon in the forest uses status effects a fair amount, so it may more likely be their way of saying "Yeah this area might be a bit BS... let's just throw a nurse right outside". But at this point I haven't even set foot in the forest, so I can't say as of yet. 

I also decide to replace *on crack* with...

I did not rename him. Because, you know what? His design is so goofy I kinda like it. especially since his stance animation has him toss that piece of wood, one handed, behind him. And Timburr is an alright name.

Although I admit, had I remembered, I probably would have named him General Tao. 

And so I go into the gym.

 

Or I would if N.Gin didn't stop me. Also, this is literally the first thing he says to me.


He asks me a question but trigger fingers screw me over again and I get challenged to a fight. After I win he says his pokemon isn't strong enough, and he needs power to make people agree with him. He then name drops Zekrom. Legends state that it and the "hero" created the region. N.Gin will be that hero, and that Hilda and him will be friends.

I guess. 

This gym is also not just a gym, but also a museum. The Gym is in the back. I'm starting to think that the lower leveled gym leaders need supplementary incomes. First a Restaurant now a Museum. The assistant director decides to take me on a tour. I missed the skeleton bit, but he states that he theorizes that the pokemon got into an accident and "Turned into a fossil". 

Crap, more fuel for the "Pokemon do not die" set of fans.

It looks like someone's head after seeing something horrible. 


So you have an old rock that is old (unlike, you know, the brand new rocks) and you keep it around because it's pretty.

So after showing me a skeleton and two rocks (which is *not* the entirety of what's in the museum. Yes he half-assed his tour), he shows me to the entrance to the gym. He also states the gym leader is his wife.

I think the guy is... lacking a few cards in his deck. 


...why?

 Narrowly evading space virus, I go into the gym. A guy gives me a hint as to how to beat this gym (something Cheren already did) and states there's a fighting type pokemon to be had nearby. He also says going forwards requires solving questions in books. Sounds like another puzzle gym.

 
You are pointed to what books you have to look through based on what people say and the questions on the memos, left there by the gym leader. 

The first question is simple, what's the first pokemon fought in the gym. The second would be kinda good if it wasn't so BS. You have to identify a creature that has fire burning inside it, and when it "runs around" smoke comes from its head. 

It's a "locomotive". And, yes, the wording makes it seems like it's an actual creature. 




Why do I have a feeling the answer to this will be either really stupid or really boring?

The answer is... well, the hint led to a book about cooking berries. The memo states that the leader hopes the trainer wasn't fooled by the question. So it was a stupid cop-out answer. 

One last question.





Anyway, I thought it was steps, but it was bookcases. This leads to another fight. 

I get the last book and there's a switch leading to a staircase hidden under a bookshelf. Unexpected only in the fact that it wasn't the back of the room.


Pokemon/human relations, Feminism, and now Interracial marriages!? Truly, this game is progressive!!!


And filled with drugged out animals. 

 So I beat the trainer and receive...

Yes, my second badge is... the "Basic Badge". 

 Afterwards hubby runs in and says Team Plasma are threatening to steal some bones. Specifically, TP has claimed the dragon skull in the name of Pokemon Liberation. 

I mean... wow... come on, guys, could you at least have some not-scummy mooks? 

With a smoke screen and cries of COBRAA- I mean Plasma they vanish with the skull (which Lenora, the gym leader, loves. Mind you, the skull was part of a skeleton and he specifically states she loves the skull and... never mind.)

Outside we run into a gym leader from another city who used to live in the one we're in currently. Bianca and Cheren also pop up and TP's deeds are told. The gym leaders split up to search, with me being told to go along with the leader of the next town, while Cheren and Bianca are told to protect the museum.


The chase will resume in Part 6, however. Now, if you don't mind me... I need to... train a druggy pokemon.


No comments:

Post a Comment